Softwares to manage and optimize your downloads
Download managers can optimize your download speed (based on your bandwidth). They are also useful for managing multiple downloads, pause and resume downloads, limit the bandwidth dedicated to download, download a video from Youtube or other streaming websites...
Download managers are not to be confused with P2P software (uTorrent, Emule, Vuze , etc. . ), which are primarily used to download over decentralized network.
Below is a short list of the best download manager softwares:
Internet Download Manager
Internet Download Manager (IDM ) can theorically increase your download speed by 5 and manage your multiple Internet downloads. IDM integrates with most of the popular browsers: Internet Explorer, Opera, Mozilla Firefox , Chrome, etc..
- Download videos from streaming websites.
- Schedule downloads.
- Pause/resume downloads.
- Download entire websites, for offline browsing.
Download Internet Download Manager
Free Download Manager
Free Download Manager as the name already suggest is a free software to manage your downloads. It is available in multiple languages and contains no adware, ads or spyware that may interrupt your downloads.
- It is compatible with the HTTP, HTTPS, FTP and BitTorrent protocols. It accelerates downloads by simultaneously downloading different parts of a remote file. It also allows you to resume interrupted downloads (in certain situations). It allows you to download and convert flash videos from sites like YouTube, DailyMotion or Google Video
- Download Free Download Manager
JDownloader is a free and Open Source software developed in Java. It offers several options to manage your downloads:
- Download videos from streaming websites
- Captcha recognition
- Automatic decompression of files and more.
JDownloader requires the presence of Java Runtime Environment to run.
Download Accelerator Plus
- Download Accelerator Plus (DAP) is a software that can optimize overall your download speed. It seamlessly integrates with popular web browsers and gives you full control over your download tasks.
- Download: Download Accelerator Plus
Orbit Downloader is a download manager designed for the download of multimedia content, such as Flash video (FLV). Based on a Peer-to- peer (P2P) and multi-source technology, it supports HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, MMS and RTSP protocols.
- Orbit supports the following video formats : YouTube Video, Embedded YouTube Video, Dailymotion Video, Embedded Dailymotion Video, iFilm Video, Embedded iFilm Video, Myspace Video, Embedded Myspace Video, Google Video, Embedded Google Video, Metacafe Video, Embedded Metacafe Video, Videolog Video, Embedded Videolog Video, Flash Video, Embedded Flash Video, FLV, Embedded FLV.
- Download Orbit Downloader.
FlashGet was specifically designed to solve two major issue related to the download of files: Download speed and management of multiples downloads. It can help you improve your overall download speed, resume broken or interrupted downloads and keep track of your downloads. FlashGet can split downloaded files into sections.
- By downloading each section simultaneously it will significantly increase your download speed.
- FlashGet is compatible with HTTP, FTP, BT, MMS, RTSP and other protocols.
Vdownloader is dedicated to the download of online videos. It allows you to download and convert videos in various video streaming websites such as: Youtube , DailyMotion, Metacafe, LuluTV, GoFish ...
- Vdownloader can convert videos in various formats including: AVI, MPG, iPOD, PSP, 3GP, VCD, SVCD, DVD, FLV and MP3 (audio).
- Download VDownloader
VSO Downloader is a simple utility that allows you to download videos from video streaming sites. Once installed it will automatically detect video playback. The application is fully customizable and allows you to simultaneously download multiple videos.
- VSO Downloader is a free software compatible with Windows 7/Vista and XP.
- Download VSO Downloader
Allmyapps is a software allowing you to centralize all your downloads, installation and automatic update of Windows applications.
- It provides access to 16,000 applications (web tools, security software, utilities, office software, games,..)
- Allmyapps is connected to the cloud and allows you to backup your installed softwares in the event that you want to re-install your OS.
- Download Allmyapps
Published by deri58
Latest update on January 23, 2014 at 04:09 AM by deri58.