Buying Guide: Choosing Your Office Hardware
Laptops, desktop PCs, tablets: how to choose the right terminal for an office use?
Choosing a laptop or a desktop computer
Laptop or desktop?
- A laptop for intensive mobile use (frequent business trips )
- A desktop computer for more sedentary office use and especially involving print jobs.
Important: a desktop computer is often more scalable than a laptop. It is generally easier and cheaper to upgrade a desktop computer (RAM, hard drive, graphics card, processor, etc... )
Components and characteristics of a computer, the main criteria?
- The overall performance of a PC will depend on its processor
- Intel Core i3 and i5 processors are commonly used for entry level and mid-range computers and laptop. *They are powerful enough for a basic Office use.
- Most computers today include 4GB of RAM, which is enough for a typical office use.
The hard drive
- The storage space of the hard drive is a secondary criterion for choosing a desktop computer. A capacity of 500 GB is enough.
Choosing a tablet for office use
Windows 8 tablets
- To use the Microsoft Office suite, it is necessary to choose a tablet running Windows 8 OS, which can be coupled to a physical keyboard.
- The following models can run MS Office: ASUS VivoTab Smart, HP ENVY x2 and Microsoft Surface.
- Among the popular hybrid devices (laptop - tablet): Dell XPS 12 and Asus Transformer Book T100T.
Published by jak58
Latest update on July 15, 2015 at 04:49 PM by Ambucias.