Most multimedia devices can now communicate with each other via cables or Wi-Fi. What are the benefits? How to connect your devices to your home network?
What are the benefits?
By connecting your devices and home appliances to your network, several actions are possible:
- Share files quickly between different terminals.
- Access the Internet from your TV set.
- Stream a movie, music or slideshow stored on your PC or mobile.
- Launch (wireless) print jobs from your tablet or computer.
- Set-up a home automation box connected to various sensors.
Interconnect your devices via cables
Each terminal is equipped with one or more ports (sockets or plugs). They can accommodate cables to interconnect two compatible devices .
- An Ethernet port allows you to connect your TV to an internet box or a printer to a router.
- An HDMI port allows you to connect a Blu-ray player, a computer or a gaming console to an HDTV .*USB ports available on many handsets and devices (computers, external hard drives) can be used to quickly transfer files from one device to another .
- Some devices (smartphones and tablets) are equipped with micro USB port which allows connection with various devices with a USB port: USB mouse, hard drive, keyboard, card reader, digital camera, etc...
The advantage of a wired connection are:
- high data transfer rate.
- limited security issues (closed network).
- availability (less risk of interruption).
Interconnect its wireless devices : Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Most multimedia devices are equipped with Wi -Fi connectivity, which is onvenient to enjoy all of your online applications, or launch remote print jobs (e.g printer connected to the Internet via Wi- Fi).
- If your device does not have built-in Wi -Fi, in some cases you can use a wireless key.
Bluetooth is a standard for wireless communication (radio wave) supported by many terminals, computer, mobile phone, mouse, keyboard, scanner, printer, speakers.
Bluetooth allows your to:
- transfer files between two devices.
- scanning or printing a document remotely.
- connect your mobile to a wireless headset or speaker dock.
Photo : © vetkit - Fotolia.com
Original document published on Commentcamarche.net
Published by jak58
Latest update on November 21, 2013 at 07:51 AM by jak58.