How to get rid of do-search.com/Nation Zoom?
Here is the procedure to remove http://do-search.com
and restore your homepage.
is a browser hijacker that will take over your browser and change it settings (change your homepage and search engine).
It is distributed via infected programs and fake Java/Flash Update:
- Download AdwCleaner (by Xplode) on the desktop.
- Launch the program and click on Remove.
- Wait for the scan to be completed. You may need to restart the computer after the scan.
- Once the process is completed, a report will be generated.
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is a disinfection tool known for its effectiveness. It can help to remove residue left behind by AdwCleaner, or handle other types of infections.
- Download Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (By Rubber Ducky) on the desktop.
- Install the software.
- Make updates (Click on the "Updates" tab and then "Search for updates").
- Then launch a full scan
- Once the scan is complete, click on "Show results".
- Select all detected items (some are not checked by default) and click "Remove Selected". If prompted to restart the PC, accept!
Clean your browsers
First you must clean your browser shortcuts, as they have been modified by the malware:
Remove browser extensions:
- Firefox: Tools > Add-ons > Extension tab.
- Google Chrome: Click on the Settings menu> Tools / Extensions
- Remove the parasites extensions (o-search.com/Nation Zoom/Wsys Control, Extended Protection/eSave Security Control/ Desk 365....)
You should be careful when you are installing free programs, as many of them are bundled with PUPs.
- Read the EULA and always download programs from official sources.
- On the other hand, if you use Avast! or AVG, remember to enable the detection of PUPs.
- WOT can help you to filter websites distributing harmful program http://ccm.net/faq/7386-wot-web-of-trust.
SpyHunter -Beware of fake security blogs
- When you perform a Google search on Dosearches - Fake security blogs will be displayed in the result pages
- Fake blogs offer disinfection solutions in the form of a fix.
- This fix turns out to be a paid anti spyware (Spy Hunter or Spyware Doctor)!
- These fake security blogs earn money for each successful installation or sale.
- More information about fake security blogs: http://forum.malekal.com/faux-blogs-securite-spyhunter-spyware-doctor-t12847.html.
- These softwares are not necessary as free solutions already exist.
In the same category
Published by jak58
. - Latest update by deri58