How to get rid of Search Protect by Conduit?
Search Protect by Conduit
is a search engine that will take control of your web browser and change its settings:
- Change the default homepage.
- Change the default search engine.
To get rid of Search Protect by Conduit follow the below procedure:
Via the Control Panel
- Go to the Start menu.
- Open the Control Panel and select Uninstall a Program.
- Right-click on Search Protect by Conduit
- Download AdwCleaner (by Xplode) on the desktop.
- Launch the program and click on Remove.
- Wait for the scan to be completed. You may need to restart the computer after the scan.
- Once the process is completed, a report will be generated.
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is a disinfection tool known for its effectiveness. It can help to remove residue left behind by AdwCleaner, or handle other types of infections.
- Download Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (By Rubber Ducky) on the desktop.
- Install the software.
- Make updates (Click on the "Updates" tab and then "Search for updates").
- Then launch a full scan
- Once the scan is complete, click on "Show results".
- Select all detected items and click "Remove Selected".
- If prompted to restart the PC, accept!
Remove the browser extension
- Remove browser extensions:
- Firefox: Tools > Add-ons > Extension tab.
- Google Chrome: Click on the Settings menu> Tools / Extensions
- Remove the parasites extensions.
Thanks to Malekal_morte
for this tip.