Share multimedia content between a Windows 8 PC and a Samsung Galaxy S4
Thanks to DLNA technology you can easily share multimedia content between a Windows 8 PC and a Samsung Galaxy S4. No cables are required, simply connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network and follow the below procedure:
On Windows 8
- Click on the Network tray icon.
- Right-click on your current Wi-fi network > Turn Sharing On and Off.
- Select "Yes, turn on sharing and connect to devices".
On the Samsung Galaxy S4
- From the Homescreen, go to Settings > Connections > Connect and share.
- Tap on Nearby devices and enable File Sharing.
- You can also select the types of files you want to share and the list of allowed devices.
Access multimedia content stored on your Samsung Galaxy S4
- On your PC, open Windows Media Player.
- Under Other Libraries Select the icon for your Galaxy S4
- From there you can browse your music, videos and photos stored on your Galaxy S4.
Published by jak58
Latest update on December 27, 2013 at 08:00 AM by jak58.