Removing ads in Opera
Eliminate the ads in Opera
- Opera has a feature allowing you to block items from web pages.
- You can add a filter by going to: Tools/Advanced/blocked content/ then add.
- Items that you add are stored in the file "urlfilter" in the preferences folder of Opera.
- To see where this folder, type "opera: about" in the address bar.
Removing the ads
- You need a "urlfilter" well stocked up to block the ads!
- You can find more of these files on the web.Heres a good example from le hollandais volant : **http://lehollandaisvolant.net/tout/urlfilter.ini
- Simply save this file and put it in Opera's preferences folder. (It is described in the file, but it is allthought visible when you type "opera:about" in the address-bar and then, find "opera folder" in that page.)
Using an Add-On (Opera 11)
- As from Opera 11, the browser support the use of add-ons. Obviously, there are also a plugin to block ads.
Published by jak58
Latest update on January 25, 2011 at 09:01 AM by deri58.