Windows 8 - Create and customize tiles with OblyTile
Windows 8 introduces a new way to navigate through your apps, "Tiles
" providing direct access to the applications downloaded from the Windows Store. OblyTile
is a free software allowing you to create customize your tiles. It can create tiles for any software, programs, folders or websites.
With OblyTile, you can customize the name, background color, text color and image of your tiles.
- Download and install OblyTile.
- Enter the name of the tile in the "Tile Name" field.
- To hide the name of the tile, check the "Hide Tile Name" box.
- Then click on the button next to the "Program Path" field.
- Depending on whether you want to create a tile for a program, folder, or web site, select between:
- "Choose file".
- "Choose folder".
- "Web Site URL" .
- Click on Open.
- For a website , enter the address and confirm.
- Click on the button next to the "Tile Image" field. Choose desired image you want to use for the tile.
- Select the colors you want to use on "Tile Background Color" and "Tile Text Color".
- Clicking on the magnifying glass icon to get a preview of your tile.
- Finally, click on "Create Tile".
Published by jak58
Latest update on January 10, 2014 at 04:08 AM by jak58.