In PCs with Windows as the OS ,the error messageEnd of Service Life appears when the waste ink pads are full and printing will not resume until the pads are replaced. If the error message is displaying for the very first time, the ink pads will not be full as the counter must be reset. Ink gets settled in the pads during the initial setup for printing as well as for cleaning and printing border-less snaps. For most of the low volume printer users, Windows will not display the error message. If printer usage is high and has been used for many years, the Epson Error Message - End of Service Lifeis displayed.
If your Epson printer has been displaying the error message End of Service Life, try these steps before resigning yourself to buying a new one. The problem does not come from the hardware; it is only a little page counter within the printer that will make your computer display this message after reaching a certain number of pages printed. Once this happens you will not be able to use the hardware anymore and will be tempted to buy another one. But here is a useful tip on how to save your money and get your printer to work again
Download and install SCC Service Utility
The easiest way to solve this problem is to download the SCC Service Utility from the link http://www.ssclg.com/download/sscserve.exe and to install it on your computer. After installation, all you have to do is to click on the program's icon that will appear on your task bar.
1. Select the option listed as Protection Counter to display the Current value as well as the Maximum value of the number of copies printed
2. Ensure that the source of the problem comes from the limit of pages allowed to be printed
It will be the case if the current and maximum values match)
3. Then, go to the Protection Counter and choose Reset protection counter
4. When done, click Clear Counter Overflow to set the Current Value back to "0"
5. Close all the programs that you might be using and restart your computer system