How to optimize Windows 8?
You can optimize Windows 8 by making the following modifications:
Animations and effects present on Windows 8 can slow down the computer (slow configuration). To disable these options:
- Go to the "Control Panel" > "Ease of Access" > "Make the computer easier to see".
- Check "Make items on the screen easier to read" and animations will be disabled.
Your computer will be more responsive an the autonomy will be slightly increased.
Optimize the launching applications
- Windows 8 apps take time before launching. To optimize the launch of apps:
- Press the "Windows + R" keys , type "regedit" and click OK.
- Got to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer".
- Click on "New" > "key".
- Rename the key as "Serialize".
- Select the "Serialize" key.
- Select the "New" > "32-bit DWORD value" .
- Rename it as "StartupDelayInMSec" and set its value to 0 .
- Close the registry and restart your computer.
Optimize the storage space
- You can also optimize storage space using a software like CCleaner or the system tools.
Published by jak58
Latest update on January 14, 2014 at 07:10 AM by jak58.