Android - How to configure a proxy?
What are the advantages of using a proxy?
If you work in a business or institution, you must be familiar with proxy servers. These servers provides security to domain of the institution or business and protects it from outside intrusion.
- To browse the Internet, you must configure your connection so that it takes into account the proxy server.
Support for proxy servers
Not all Android phones have the ability to manage proxy servers.
To check if your device supports this feature, you must first connect to the network:
- Go to Settings > Wireless & networks..
- Tap and hold on the Network name util a small menu appears.
- Tap on "Modify Network"
- Tap on "Show Advanced Options"
- From there you can configure your proxy settings.
- It is also possible to configure a proxy server using the Opera browser for Android (download from the PlayStore).
- In the address bar, type "opera:config".
- You configure a proxy server by modifying the settings in the "Proxy" section.
- To enable navigation through a proxy, check the "Use HTTP", "Use HTTPS" and "Use FTP".