Android - Use a song as ringtone
Android offer a wide selection of ringtones, but you can also a create custom ringtones out of your favorite songs. Several methods are available:
- Connect your smartphone to your PC.
- Copy the song of your choice in the "Ringtones" folder of your phone.
- If the Ringtones folder doesn't exist, create it at the root of the internal storage of your phone.
The list of compatible audio format is listed here: media format and codec support.
- Open the Music Player app.
- Tap and hold on the music track of your choice.
- Tap on Set As Ringtone.
The Sound Picker feature
The Sound Picker feature (available on the Samsung Galaxy S5) can automatically select the "best" section of a song and use it as ringtone.
To use the Sound Picker feature:
- Go to Settings > Call Settings > Ringtones and keypad tones.
- Tap on Ringtones > Add
- The "Complete action using" menu will be displayed.
- Select the "Sound picker"
- Leave the "Auto recommendation" option checked.
- Browse for your audio file/song and the Sound picker feature will do the rest.
The Ringdroid app
The "RingDroid" allows you to create ringtones out of a specific section of a song.
Published by jak58
Latest update on April 30, 2015 at 05:12 AM by noctambule28.