OneDrive (Skydrive): Tutorial
Note that: Since February 2014, Microsoft Skydrive has been renamed as OneDrive.
What are the advantages of using Skydrive?
- Access your files (photos, documents, ...) and share them, wherever you are. Your photos, documents and other important files can be accessed from a smartphone, tablet, PC or Mac.
- Store up to 7 GB for free in the cloud Giga and up to 100 GB through a paid subscription.
- Synchronize files between your PCs, phones, tablets ....
- Get access to a free online version of Word , Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote via your browser with SkyDrive (Office Web Apps).
- Collaborative work: Different people at different locations can work on the same document at the same time .
- Share specific documents, while keeping your other files private.
- Moreover SkyDrive is fully integrated to Windows 8.1, allowing users to backup/sync their custom settings, document, pictures, videos on Skydrive.
Get connected to SkyDrive
- Go to https://onedrive.live.com/?gologin=1
- You can use your Hotmail or Microsoft Live account to sign-in to SkyDrive.
- If you do not have an account yet, click on the "Sign up" button.
You are now connected to the SkyDrive dashboard, three folders are available:
The PCs tab on the left allows you to see the different devices linked to your Skydrive.
- By clicking on the arrow to the right of OneDrive menu, you can access other services such as your mail, calendar, contact list and the online Office tools:
By clicking on the Create menu you can create various documents ( Word, Excel, Power Point ... )
The Upload menu, allows you to manually transfer files from your computer to Skydrive
SkyDrive - The parameters
To customize or configure the different settings of SkyDrive, click on the Gear icon > Options.