Internet Explorer - How to backup your Favorites (bookmarks)
Learn how to backup your IE bookmarks, which can be very useful in the event that you need to reset Internet Explorer or transfer your favorites to another PC.
Backup your favorites in a file
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on "View favorites, feeds and history" (Star button)
- Click on the small button next to "Add to favorites" > "Import and export"
- Several options are available:
- Import from another browser.
- Export to a file .
- Import to a file.
- In our case, select "Export to a file".
- Select the items you want to backup:
- You can choose to backup all your Favorites or a specific bookmarks folder:
- Choose a filename and the location of the backup file:
- The backup file is in the .html format, which can be easily imported in other browsers.
Sync your browser settings via OneDrive
Windows 8/8.1 users can sync their browser settings across multiple devices (same Microsoft account) via One Drive.
- Open the Charms Bar (Windows key + C) > Settings > Change PC Settings > OneDrive:
- Go to Sync Settings > Other Settings.
- Toggle the "Web Browser" switch on.