How to get rid of fake Java/Flash update popups?
When you visit streaming, manga scan or download websites, popups asking you to update your Java or Flash plugins are displayed. These fake updates are used to infect your PC with parasites programs (adware, trojans...)
These popups are either:
- Displayed by the website.
- By an adware installed your computer. In this case you will noticed that the popups are frequently displayed and most importantly, they are being displayed on almost all of your visited websites.
This article explains how to disinfect your computer!
- Download AdwCleaner (by Xplode) on the desktop.
- Launch the program and click on Remove.
- Wait for the scan to be completed. You may have to restart the computer after the scan.
- Once the process is completed, a report will be generated.
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is a disinfection tool known for its effectiveness. It can help to remove residue left behind by AdwCleaner, or handle other types of infections.
Click Updates and then Search for updates to start updates.
- Then launch a full scan
- Once the scan is complete, click on "Show results".
- Select detected items (some are not checked by default) and click "Remove Selected". If prompted to restart the PC, accept!
Clean your browsers
First you must clean your browser shortcuts, as they have been modified by the malware:
Remove browser extensions:
- Firefox: Tools > Add-ons > Extension tab.
- Google Chrome: Click on the Settings menu> Tools / Extensions
- Remove the parasites extensions
- Read the EULA and always download programs from official sources.
If you use Avast! or AVG, enable the detection of PUPs.
SpyHunter -Beware of fake security blogs
- When you perform a Google search for these infections - Fake security blogs will be displayed in the result pages
- Fake blogs offer disinfection solutions in the form of a fix.
- This fix turns out to be a paid anti spyware (Spy Hunter or Spyware Doctor)!
- These fake security blogs earn money for each successful installation or sale.
- More information about fake security blogs: http://forum.malekal.com/faux-blogs-securite-spyhunter-spyware-doctor-t12847.html.
- You don't need to buy these softwares, as free alternatives already exist.
Published by jak58
Latest update on November 6, 2016 at 03:11 PM by owilson.