HD Tune - Tutorial - Test and evaluate the performance of your HDD
HD Tune allows you to test , analyze and monitor your hard drive (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.M.A.R.T.
Simply download and install HD Tune
Benchmark your HDD
- Close all applications and a maximum of background tasks and processes .
- Click on "Benchmark" > Scan.
- Avoid using the mouse during the scan.
Get information on hard drives
- Click Info to access features and details of the selected drives.
Monitor the status of hard drives
- Click on "Health" to check the SMART status of your HDD.
: The SMART status of your HDD may be wrongly detected as 'Bad'.
- Use the SMART tool provided by the manufacturer of hard disk.
- In most case you should get a SMART status "OK".
- Just click on "Error Scan" and click "Start" to launch the SCAN scan.