PortableApps - Manage your portable apps
PortableApps by PortableApps.com allows to download and manage the portable version of your favorite apps.
These are free programs that doesn't require installation.
- Simply download and install PortableApps
- It is highly recommended to install the application on a USB key, external hard drive or cloud drive .
- Once installed, PortableApps will display a list of available apps (Portable App Directory):
- Select the apps you want to download and click on Next.
- Once downloaded, they can be accessed via the PortableApps home menu:
Manage your apps
- You can add new programs to PortableApps, by selecting them from the Portable App Directory.
- To uninstall a program: Right-click > Uninstall
- NB: PortableApps will automatically manage the update of your portable applications.
Backup & restore
- Click on the Backup button and select the folder in which you want to save your current profile.
- By default, the backup is made in the zip format.
- To restore your profile, click on the Backup button > Restore from file.
You can also backup the "PortableApps" folder manually.
- Transferring an unzipped version of backup file on a USB key, will allow you to use PortableApps on multiple PC, without any limitation.Transferring
- Your portable apps are automatically updated and you won't have to install anything on the other devices.
- You will also notice that copying the unzipped backup file take more time than copying the zipped version.
- This is due to the fact that the key needs more time to copy multiple individual files.
- It also depends on the number of applications installed.
Published by deri58
Latest update on November 19, 2014 at 03:46 AM by deri58.