Windows Defender is antispyware/malware software by MICROSOFT.
It should be noted that the Windows XP/Seven version is not the same as Windows 8 (described below).
Windows Defender for XP / Vista / Seven
This version of Windows Defender is limited to anti-spyware detection and removal.
Windows Defender for Windows 8
Windows Defender for Windows 8 version is different, as it also integrates the features of an antivirus software (even though it has the same appearance as the previous versions) .
- Windows Defender for Windows 8 includes both the features of "Microsoft Security Essential" and "Windows Defender" of Windows 7.
- Windows Defender will automatically activate if there is no antivirus software is installed.
To Disable Window Defender:
- On the Start Screen, type "Windows Defender"
- Launch the program.
- Go to the Tools tab > Settings
- Go to the Administrator section and uncheck "Turn on Windows Defender".
Disable the warning message
Once Windows Defender is disabled , you will get the following warning message:
- "Turn on virus protection - Virus protection is turned off. Tap or click on Windows Defender."
To disable this message:
- Open the Action Center and click on
- Click on "Turn off messages about spyware and unwanted software protection"
Published by deri58
Latest update on May 8, 2014 at 10:37 AM by deri58.