Easily create a transparent watermark with GIMP
This article explains how to create a basic transparent watermark with GIMP.
The trick is to superimpose a text or image over a transparent background.
- Launch GIMP
- Click on "File" > "New"
- Define the Width and Height
- Go to "Advanced Options"
- Next to "Fill with:" and select "Transparency".
- Click on OK to validate.
- Now simply enter the text of your choice.
- Click on File > Export as
- Select a file name and a destination to save your file.
- Expand the "Select File Type" option and select PNG:
- Click on Export and confirm:
- Your watermark is ready for use!
Published by jak58
Latest update on October 2, 2014 at 05:52 AM by Jeff.