Windows 8.1 - How to choose a default power plan
Windows 8.1 provide several power plans for you to choose from. You can configure the power settings of your computer:
From the Start Screen:
- Press Windows + C to open the Charms bar.
- Click on the Settings charms > Change PC Settings.
- Go to PC and devices > Power and sleep.
- Configure your settings:
- Control Panel and go to Power Options.
- Choose between the following modes:
- High performance.
- Power saver.
- To edit a power plan, simply click on the "Change plan settings".
- To create a custom power plan, click on "Create a power plan" and edit your settings.
- Once done, click on the Create button.