Windows 8.1 - Add the Defragment command to the context menu
In this article you will learn how to add the Defragment command to the context menu (right-click) of Windows 8.1.
This procedure requires a manipulation of the Windows Registry:
- Open the Run window and type: "regedit".
- Expand the following key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell
- Click on Edit > New > Key.
- Set the Default value as "Defragment"
- Create a new Key and named it as "command".
- Set its value as "defrag %1 -v".
- Close the registry.
Published by jak58
Latest update on June 27, 2014 at 10:19 AM by jak58.