Youtube - How to create custom video thumbnails
Youtube gives you the ability to customize videos published on your channel, with custom thumbnails.
You can either:
- Use a sequence from the video as thumbnail.
- Upload an image file from your PC and use it as thumbnail.
We will focus on the second method:
- Sign-in to your Youtube channel.
- Go to My Channel > Videos
- Select the video you want to edit.
- Click on the "Info and Settings" button located below the playback window:
- Click on the "Custom Thumbnail" button and upload an image file from your PC.
Some recommendations regarding the size and format of the thumbnail file (by Youtube):
- Optimal resolution: 1280x720 (minimum width of 640 pixels).
- Compatible format: .JPG, .GIF, .BMP, .PNG.
- Maximum size: 2MB
- Aspect ratio: 16:9