Windows 8.1 - CD/DVD drive missing
After upgrading to Windows 8/8.1, your computer no longer detects your CD/DVD drive.
- Press [Windows] + [R].
- Type 'regedit' and press [Enter].
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0
- Create a new Dword value (same bit version as for your system).
- Rename it as "EnumDevices 1"
- Double click on the EnumDevice1 and set its value to 1.
- Close the registry and restart your system.
Instead of using the registy, you can use the following command:
- HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001
- Open an elevated command prompt and enter the above command.
Published by jak58
Latest update on September 2, 2014 at 06:13 AM by ninha25.