How to set up a VPN on Mac OS X
In this article you will learn how to set up a VPN on Mac OS X.
On Mac OS X you do not need to download additional software to set up a VPN connection. Mac OS X has its own on-board tools to fulfill this task.
OpenVPN: The Open Source Alternative
- Click on the Apple menu > System Preferences.
- Then click on Network.
- Click on + to add another network connection.
- Select VPN.
- Click on the VPN Type menu to access additional options.
- Enter the service name of your choice.
- Click on Create and enter the necessary data (authentication, server address, account name..).
- Once your VPN is created don't forget to check the following option: "Show VPN status in menu bar".