How to get rid of ZoneAlarm Search
ZoneAlarm Search is a browser hijacker that will take control of your browser. Upon installation you will notice the following changes:
- Your homepage will be change to search.zonealarm.com
- Your search engine will change to ZoneAlarm Search.
- The display of popup ads during your browsing session.
ZoneAlarm Search can't be removed using conventional methods, you will need the following tools.
AdwCleaner by Xplode
AdwCleaner is a tool created specifically for disinfection of adware:
- Download AdwCleaner (by Xplode) on the desktop.
- Launch the program and click on Remove and for the scan to be completed. You may need to restart the computer after the scan.
- Once the removal procedure is complete, a report will be generated.
is a disinfection tool known for its effectiveness. It can help remove residue left behind after a scan with AdwCleaner, or handle other types of infections.
- Download and install Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Make update (Click on the "Updates" tab and then "Search for updates").
- Launch a full scan.
- Once the scan is complete, click on "Show results".
- Select all detected items (some are not checked by default) and click "Remove Selected". If prompted to restart the PC, accept!
Clean your web browsers
- Uninstall parasite extensions:
- Under Firefox: Go to Tools > Add-ons > Extension tab.
- Under Google Chrome: Click on the menu at the top right and then Tools > Extensions.
Avoid getting infected again
You should be careful when you are installing free programs, as many of them are bundled with PUPs.
SpyHunter -Beware of fake security blogs
- Before installing a program, read the EULA.
- Always download programs from official sources.
- On the other hand, if you use Avast! or AVG, remember to enable the detection of PUPs.
- WOT can help you to filter websites distributing harmful program http://ccm.net/faq/7386-wot-web-of-trust.
- When you make a search about these infections on Google or any other search engine - Fake security blogs are sometime be displayed in the result pages.
- Fake blogs offer disinfection solutions in the form of a fix.
- This fix turns out to be a paid antispyware/antimalware software (Spy Hunter or Spyware Doctor)!
- These fake security blogs earn money for each successful installation or sale.
- More information about fake security blogs: http://forum.malekal.com/faux-blogs-securite-spyhunter-spyware-doctor-t12847.html.
- You don't need to buy these softwares, as free alternatives already exist.