Windows 8.1 - How to hide the drive letters
Here's a small trick to hide the drive letters in Windows 8.1:
- Open the Control Panel > Folder Options.
- Go to the View tab.
- Clear the "Show drive letters" checkbox.
- Open the Registry Editor
- Expand the following key:
- Create a new DWORD 32-bit and name it as ShowDriveLettersFirst.
- Set its value to:
- 0 - Default value
- 1 - Display drive letters before the name
- 2 - Hide the drive letters
Published by jak58
Latest update on April 5, 2015 at 06:29 AM by jak58.