Method 1(command line)
- Click on Start > Run
- Enter the following command:
- Under Vista and 7: Run as Administrator
Look in the banner at the top of the window. If nothing is mentioned, then your system type is 32 bit.
- Right click on "Computer" > "Properties"
- In the window that opens, it should be mentioned if it is a 32 or 64 bit system.
- If nothing is mentioned, then (in most cases) it is a 32 bit version of Windows.
Method 3 (Vista and 7)
- Click the Start button> Control Panel > System > Maintenance > System
- Under System tab, you will find system type: 32 or 64 bit.
Method 4 (Windows 8)
- Open the Charm Bar (Windows + C)
- Go to Settings > PC info
- The "System Type" will be indicated in the "System" section:
- Go to C:\
- The presence of the below folder implies that it's a 64 bit system:
Published by jak58
Latest update on July 25, 2013 at 04:43 AM by jak58.