How to get rid of YAC (Yet Another Cleaner)
What is YAC?
YAC (Yet Another Cleaner)
is an anti-adware that installs a browser toolbar without your permission/knowledge. YAC will also replace the homepage and search engine of your web browser. If you have a page with the search.yac.mx
URL that pops up during your browsing session, it means that YAC is already present on your PC.
Remove from the YAC from the Control Panel
- Open the Control Panel > Add/Remove programs.
- Select YAC (or any suspicious application) > Uninstall.
- If you can't file the program, go to Computer > C> Elex-Tech
- Search for the uninstaller and run it.
AdwCleaner is freeware that can remove most PUPs, adware, browser hijackers and malicious toolbars.
- Download AdwCleaner (by Xplode) on the desktop.
- Launch the program and click on Scan
- Once the scan is completed, click on the Clean
- Restart your computer if necessary.
- Download and install Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- If you already have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware installed on your PC, it is important to check if it is up-to-date.
- Click on the Updates > Search for updates.
- Launch a full scan.
- Once the scan is complete, click on "Show results".
- Select any detected items and click "Remove Selected".
- If prompted to restart the PC, click on Accept.
Reset your web browser
If traces of YAC still remain, you will need to reset your web browsers.
Published by deri58
Latest update on November 3, 2014 at 06:04 AM by deri58.