How to publish a blog post on LinkedIn
LinkedIn, the professional social network, provides access to several features to support e-recruitment campaigns, improve the visibility of businesses or promote professional expertise. Such activities often involve the publication of articles. How to publish an article on the social network? How to be share your posts on LinkedIn?
LinkedIn is the leading professional social network, with over 300 million members.
The two main uses of the LinkedIn are:
- E-recruitment - Allow recruiters to get in touch with potential employees
- Social networking for businesses - Allow businesses to communicate about their activities and improve their online presence.
Why publish content on LinkedIn?
The benefits of using LinkedIn
- The social network is ideal for BtoB relationships.
- Groups allow you to be notified about the major updates relating to your business or the business of your customers.
- The profile pages of customers/prospects and the business page, provide access to valuable information.
- Get in touch with other users: you can see who has viewed your profile, send invites, discover new groups,...
- LinkedIn possesses its own statistical tool.
The aggregation of business news
LinkedIn is now giving increasing importance to the news shared relating to the profressional world. In April 2013, the social network acquired Pulse, a content aggregator which is now accessible to all the members of the social networks. To promote the sharing of content, several new features have been implemented:
- The "influencers" program allowing LinkedIn users to share content.
- The identification of content generating the most commitment, to offer a wider distribution or emphasis via Pulse.
- The ability to follow news from a professional without being on his network.
How to publish content on LinkedIn?
The "influencers" program
The influencers program will not be restricted to a specific group of users. LinkedIn will give the opportunity to all of its members to publish content on the social network. If an article generates commitment and is highlighted by LinkedIn, any professional can therefore become an influencer within a network or in a specific area.
- Pros: a favorable ranking on Google, a potential position as "leader of influence" on specific topics and the possibility of share your content to a wide audience.
- Cons: the content is only available via LinkedIn and not on your own website.
How to share articles
There exist several spaces for the sharing of content, such as the homepage, groups,...
- Articles can be shared from an external source (company website, a personal blog, an expert blog....).
- LinkedIn takes into account the metadata of the posts (including the image) in the same way as other social networks like Facebook.
- You can also include references (names of other professionals, companies ...).
- Members of a group can also share content. Each item must be accompanied by a title and description.
- Content can also be shared "as a page".
Sharing content from your website
It is possible to automate the sharing of content published on your blog or company's website. This requires the use of specific content management tools.
- Some platforms like Hootsuite offer such features.
What are the new challenges for professionals?
LinkedIn now position itself as a showcase for professionals and experts and through the influences program , it will provide access to its own publishing tools. The challenge will be twofold for professionals:
- Gain profeciency in the use of these new tools.
- Create quality content
Published by jak58
Latest update on October 13, 2014 at 07:01 AM by jak58.