Windows 8.1 - Prevent the Google Search app from opening links in your default browser
When you make a search with the Google Search app for Windows 8/8.1 device, links are automatically opened on your default browser.
Here's how to change this behaviour:
- Open the Google Search app.
- Press the Windows key + C to display the Charms bar.
- Click/Tap on Settings charms > Settings.
- Toggle "Open all links in default browser" off.
- You can now view the links directly through the Google Search's interface.