Even though the printer is displayed
as an IEEE1284.4 device
in the Device Manager
of the Windows operating system, it may still not be able to print. This happens if the device drivers have not been installed correctly. The device drivers of the printer can be installed by choosing the update driver
option from the Device Manager
. Operating systems such as Windows XP or Windows have an extensive library for device drivers for various hardware such as Flash drives, printers etc. When choosing the driver, the support of USB printer IEEE1284
must be chosen to install
the correct device drivers
for the printer
Your printer is not working under Windows Vista, even after downloading and installing the latest drivers. When launching a print, nothing happens.
Check in the Device Manager, if the printer appears as IEEE1284.4, follow this procedure:
- Connect the printer
- Go to Device Manager:
- Type the devmgmt.msc command in the Run tab
- Search for IEEE1284.4
- Expand it and select your device
- Right click it and choose "update driver"
- Select "search on the computer" click on "next"
- Check "let me choose from a list of drivers on my computer", then click "next"
- Finally, choose "support of USB Print" (IEEE1284, without the .4 a the end)
Published by jak58
Latest update on March 19, 2012 at 07:33 PM by Virginia Parsons.