Rename your files and folders with Ant Renamer
ANT Renamer is a free and open source software that allows you to rename multiple files and folders in few clicks.
ANT Renamer - The features:
- Batch renaming
- Change file extension
- Substitute a string of characters.
- Insert a string
- Move characters
- Remove several characters
- Enumerate a list
- Create names from mp3 tags (ID v1.1)
- Create names from the date and time of file modification
- Create random names
- Change case (uppercase, lowercase, first letter of each word, ...)
- Create name based on a list
- Using EXIF info
- Rational expressions
- Support for Unicode filenames (Greek, Japanese, Chinese, Arabic ...)
NB: Even if the software allows you to cancel the actions performed (hit F12), you must be very careful when renaming unsaved files or folder.
Download and installation
Selecting files or folders
" menu at the top of the window, list all the files or folders you want to modify.
To add a file or folder to the list:
- Click on Add files
- Click on Add folder
To clear the list:
*Right-click > Remove all (F7)
- Once your files have been selected, click on the Actions menu.
- Select "Change extension".
- Enter the new extension in the "Replace extension by:" field.
- Click on Go to launch the operation.
Rename files or folders
- Select the files or folders you want to rename and click on the Actions menu.
- String replacement is a key function for renaming your files.
- Check "Replace all occurrences".
- The "Include extension in the search" option allows you to change the file extension. It can be very useful but still is very difficult to use!
- Here's how to replace a string of basic character such as "myfile" with "File":
Published by deri58
Latest update on November 10, 2014 at 06:46 AM by deri58.