Web browsers - Tabbed browsing
Many people still open their links within a single tab. A bad habit that needs to be changed!
In this page you will learn how to make an optimal use of your web browser, thanks to tabbed browsing.
Open links in new tabs:
- Right click> "Open link in new tab".
- NB: You can also choose to open links in new incognito tabs.
Navigate through your tabs:
- Click to select a tab or use a keyboard shortcut (CTRL + 1 to select the 1st tab, CTRL + 2 to go to the second tab,.....)
- NB: Don't forget to close tabs you no longer use to avoid an unnecessary use of your hardware resources (RAM, CPU, mobile data,...)
The Bookmarks bar
Use the web shortcuts of your browser.
Add your most visited websites to the Bookmarks bar.
- Click on the star shaped button > Bookmarks bar.
Display the Bookmarks bar
To display the Bookmarks bar of Google Chrome:
- Click on the Customize and Control Google Chrome menu.
- Click on Bookmarks.
- Check Show Bookmarks bar.
To display the Bookmarks bar of Opera:
- Click on the Opera menu > Bookmarks.
- Tick the Show Bookmarks bar checkbox.
To display the bookmarks bar of Firefox:
- Right-click > Show Bookmarks Toolbar