Creating a multiboot USB key with YUMI - Multiboot USB Creator
It might be convenient to use a USB drive to store multiple operating systems (Linux, Windows) and bootable tools such as Ultimate boot CD (UBCD), antivirus softwares and other similar utilities.
You can download YUMI for this link: http://www.pendrivelinux.com/yumi-multiboot-usb-creator/
Create your USB key
- You don't need to install YUMI.
- Connect your USB key (4GB, 8GB, 16GB...).
- Start YUMI and click "I agree".
- Select the USB key you want to use. If it does not appear, check the "Show all drives".
- Select the linux distribution you want to install:
- The official download link of the distribution is displayed to the right (.iso format).
- Once downloaded, select the .iso file (Fedora-Live-Workstation-i686-21-5).
- NB: if you can't find the .iso file, simply click on "Show all iso".
- Wait for the procedure to end:
- Click on Yes to add a new program/utility to the USB key:
- Choose a different operating system or utility:
- In this example we will add Ultimate boot CD. Click on the link to download the ISO file:
- Once downloaded, select the ISO file:
- Once done, click on No > Finish to finalize the USB key:
Testing your Multiboot key
You need a PC that can boot on USB.
Start the PC and press the Boot key (F12, Esc,...)
Boot from the USB key and a menu will be displayed:
- It is divided into two categories:
- Linux distributions
- System tools
Published by deri58
Latest update on January 20, 2015 at 05:37 AM by deri58.