TeamViewer - Tutorial
TeamViewer is a program that allows you to take control of a remote PC or MAC.
TeamViewer clients are available for Windows, MacOS X, Linux, Android and iOS, each available in different versions (personal or commercial use). In this tutorial we shall use the free version of TeamViewer for Windows!
- Download Teamviewer from this link: http://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/windows.aspx
- Double click on TeamViewer_Setup.exe to open the installation wizard.
- Several options are available, for example you can run Teamviewer without installing it on your system by selecting Run only (one time use).
- TeamViewer is now ready for use:
- To connect to a remote PC, simply enter the right ID in the Partner ID field.
- Click on Connect to Partner and follow the onscreen instructions.
To access TeamViewer's settings menu:
- Click on Extras > Options.
NB: Only the important options will be mentioned!
The General Tab
Choose your screen name, which will allow your partner to easily identify you.
- For those who want to start TeamViewer along with Windows, tick Start TeamViewer with Windows.
- NB: Enabling the above option will require that you set a fixed password for TeamViewer!
The Security Tab
Via this menu, you can set a password for unattended access, define whitelist/blacklist, rules....
The Remote Control Tab
This tab allows you to set the desired display options for the connection to a remote machine:
- Optimize speed - more suited to occasional troubleshooting
- Optimize the quality - more suitable for regular access
Creating your TeamViewer account
To enjoy all the features of TeamViewer it is recommended that you create an account.
To create your account:
- Open TeamViewer
- Click on the Sign Up button located in Computers & Contacts window.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
Published by jak58
Latest update on January 28, 2015 at 05:53 AM by jak58.