Lenovo laptops - How to uninstall the Superfish adware
The Superfish spyware comes pre-installed on some Lenovo Laptops:
- G Series
: G410, G510, G710, G40-70, G50-70, G40-30, G50-30, G40-45, G50-45 - U Series: U330P, U430P, U330Touch, U430Touch, U530Touch
- Y Series
: Y430P, Y40-70, Y50-70
- Z Series
: Z40-75, Z50-75, Z40-70, Z50-70
- S Series
: S310, S410, S40-70, S415, S415Touch, S20-30, S20-30Touch
- Flex Series
: Flex2 14D, 15D Flex2, Flex2 14 Flex2 15 Flex2 14 (BTM) Flex2 15 (BTM), Flex 10
- MIIX Series
: MIIX2-8, MIIX2-10, MIIX2-11
- YOGA Series
: YOGA2Pro-13 YOGA2-13, YOGA2-11BTM, YOGA2-11HSW
- E Series
The guide explains how to remove Superfish from your system:
- Open the Control Panel > Program and Features
- Select "Uninstall or change program"
- Search for the following entry: "Superfish Inc. VisualDiscovery"
- Select Uninstall.
- The uninstallation process takes several minutes.
- After confirming the removal of the application, you need to uninstall the certificates.
- If "Superfish Inc. VisualDiscovery" is not present in the list, it means that the application is not installed. Proceed to the uninstallation of the Superfish certificate.
Remove the certificates
- Open the Search Charms
- Search "Certificates" and select "Manage computer certificates".
- The Certificate Management (certlm) window appears.
- In the left column, go to "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" > "Certificates".
- Search for "Superfish, Inc" > Delete.
- When Windows window requesting confirmation, click on Yes.
- The certificate is now uninstalled.
- Restart your PC.
- Open Firefox.
- Click on the Menu button.
- Select "Options".
- Open the Advanced tab > Certificates > View certificates.
- Search for Superfish > Remove.
Using the uninstall tool from Lenovo
Test if the adware is still active
- LassPass has released a tool to detect if the adware is still active:
- The above logo means that your system is clean!
Published by deri58
Latest update on February 25, 2015 at 04:12 AM by deri58.