Android - How to turn off auto correct feature
The autocorrect feature of Android can be quite annoying, especially when typing messages (SMS, Viber, WhatsApp..) in a language different from your phone's default.
So here's how to disable it:
- Go to Settings > Input & Language.
- Untick the Spelling correction option:
: Depending on the version of Android used, this option may not be available. The solution is to disable Auto-correct directly from your current keyboard settings:
- Tap on your default keyboard (e.g Android keyboard)
- Scroll to TEXT CORRECTION > Auto-correction.
- You can either disable auto-correction or adjust the level:
- Very Aggressive