It is possible to address its messages to a Hotmail or MSN
account using the mail client
Outlook Express 5 or higher.
Configuring Outlook Express
In the Tools menu, click Accounts. Then click the Add button, then click Mail. A wizard window should open. Enter the name and click Next. Enter your email address or MSN Hotmail
Select "POP3" in the selection list the type of mail server
. In the "Incoming Server
In the "Outgoing Server
Enter the email address and associated password, then click Next and then click Done. Click on the new created account then on Properties (in the window from which you created the account). Go to the tab "Outgoing Server". Check "My server requires authentication"
In "Advanced Options" in the field "Port of the incoming server" type in 995 and the outgoing port type 587. Check "This server requires an encrypted connection SSL
". In "Use encrypted connection type next", select Automatic. Confirm your account is ready.
- Error 0x800CCC18 - Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server "with Hotmail:
- [support.microsoft.com / default.aspx? scid = kb; en; 261,671]
- Error 0x800CCC1B - Problems downloading email from a Hotmail account:
- Error 0x800CCC37 - Outlook Express can not Connect to Hotmail through Proxy Server:
- Error 0x800CCCF0 - "A connection to the server could not be established" error message when you add a second Hotmail account to Outlook 2002
- Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Account: 'MSN', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Service Unavailable', Port: 0, *Secure (SSL): No, number of error: 0x800CCCF0
- Error 0x800CCC32 - You receive an error message when you use Outlook Express to access your Hotmail account. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Authorization Required', Port: 0, Secure (SSL): No, number of error: 0x800CCC32
Original article published by Jeff
. Translated by jak58
. - Latest update by Jeff