Steam - Manage auto-update or background downloads for a game
Here's how to manage the auto-update settings and background downloads for games downloaded from Steam:
- Open Steam.
- Go to Library.
- Right-click on a game > Properties.
- Go to the Update tab
- For Auto updates, you can choose the following settings:
- Always keep this game up to date
- Only update this game when I launch it
- High Priority - Always auto-update this game before others
- Configure the background downloads settings:
- Follow my global setting
- Always allow background downloads
- Never allow background downloads