As the administrator of a Windows 8.1 PC, you might want to restrict the access to the Control Panel. The procedure is explained below:
Using your administrator account:
- Open the Group Policy editor (Open the Run tab and type gpedit.msc).
- Go to User Configurations > Administrative Templates > Control Panel.
- The follow options allow you to restrict access to the Control Panel or specific items:
- Hide specified Control Panel items
- Prohibit access to the Control Panel
- Show only specified Control Panel items