How to Disable and Enable USB Ports?
USB flash drives,MP3 or MP4 devices are used everywhere in schools and offices by employees or students. This is sometimes harmful for computers when these portable devices are infected by viruses, even for people who try stealing useful data.
You can prevent this by disabling the USB ports on the Windows Registry Editor which takes some minutes...
To disable access to USB port
- Click "Start" then click "Run".
- type "regedit" to open Registry Editor, and then click "OK".
- Search for the following registry key:
To enable access to USB port
- At your right, double-click "Start".
- In the Value data box, type 4, click Hexadecimal, and then click "OK".
- Close Registry Editor and Restart the machine.
- To reverse this process and enable USB, follow the above instructions but change the 4 to 3.
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on January 28, 2015 at 09:50 AM by kieferschild.