How to force the Windows 10 update
Windows 10 is here! Unfortunately for a lot of users you're unable to download it until Microsoft give the go-ahead. Even though Microsoft say they will notify you when it's ready, you can actually force the update. So what do you need to do to be able to get Windows 10? Easy! - See below.
- You must have the "Get Windows 10" logo in the tray (Bottom right near clock).
- This article applies to Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 users
- Operating System needs to be fully up to date
- Must be running a non-corperate version of Windows (eg. Windows Enterprise)
What do I need to do?
(You may need to change C: depending on where your Operating System is installed to)
- Make sure your Operating System is fully patched with the latest updates
- Browse to C:\Windows\System\SoftwareDistribution\Download
- Delete everything from the download folder
- Press the start menu and type "Windows Update" and open it - (Dont use "Check for updates"). You can also find Windows Update from the Control Panel. Start > Control Panel > Windows Update
- Open command prompt as an administrator - Press CTRL + X and then click Command Prompt (Admin) or you can use the search feature from the Start menu
- Type "wuauclt.exe /updatenow" and press RETURN
- Check the Windows Update window and it should start to process the Windows 10 installation
- Restart and it should update to Windows 10
Published by kieferschild
Latest update on September 20, 2015 at 05:20 PM by kieferschild.