This tutorial explains how to personalize the lock screen of Windows 10. You can, among many other things, use a slideshow or photo as lock screen background, allow apps to display notifications (quick or detailed status) on the lock screen or adjust the screen timeout settings.
Click on Start
> Lock screen.
The first step is to customize the background image. Click on Background
and then choose one of the available options:
- Use images from Bing and apps installed on yor PC as lock screen background.
- Use one of photo as background image.
- Create a slideshow out of your favorite photos and use it as lock screen background.
The next step is to choose apps that can display Detailed
and Quick Status
. Click on the +
button and then choose the desired app from the list:
To remove a background app, simply click on its corresponding icon and then select None
You can lock your computer at any moment by pressing Windows key
, but if you want Windows 10 to automatically lock (turn off) the screen of your device after a certain period of inactivity then you need to:
(1) Adjust your screen timeout and sleep settings - Go to back to the Settings
screen > System
> Power & Sleep
and configure your settings:
(2) Password protection on wakeup - Go to the Control Panel
> Power Options
> Require a password on wakeup
and then configure your settings:
Published by deri58
Latest update on September 23, 2015 at 06:19 AM by deri58.