is a free online anti-virus program which is used to detect and report all types of malware, spyware, viruses, and you need not install it or uninstall the existing antivirus software on your PC. The online scan executes on Windows operating systems XP, Vista, and Seven RC. The web browsers required for the scan are Internet Explorer 6, Firefox and Opera. You can have a security check as to what kind of viruses are getting through your system and ascertain if your antivirus is effectively eliminating them or not. Internet connection is necessary for this online scan. Kaspersky Lab
uses Microsoft ActiveX technology for functioning online as Microsoft ActiveX Technology works well on Internet Explorer 6.The Kaspersky scanning service does not reach the boot sectors and MBRs, so finding malware code inside these is not possible.
Online scan with Kaspersky
Kaspersky Online Scanner does not remove files, but it lists in a report any infections found your PC.
- Points to consider:
- The scan runs under Windows XP and Vista (32 and 64 bit versions) and Windows 7 RC.
- The scan is done with Internet Explorer (v6 or +above), Firefox (version 2, 3 and older) and in Opera (version 9 or +abover).
For Windows Vista, users must open the browser by right-clicking the shortcut to it and choose "Run as administrator"
Finally, it is imperative that the Java Console is installed on the PC. If this is not the case, download and install it here:
- Visit the following page: http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner
- On this page, click on "Kaspersky Online Scanner"
- The scanner window opens online.
- Read the user agreement and click "Accept".
- If you're using IE, you will be asked to download an Active X control. Do so.
- Note: It may be necessary to disable the your anti-virus to avoid potential conflicts. You should avoid downloading files and surfing the internet during this time as your machine is temporarily unprotected.
- Once the scan is complete, remember to reactivate your anti-virus.
- Allow the program to download and update.
- After that, the scanner is ready
- Under "Analyze" click on "My Computer" to do a full system scan
- The scan will begin
- Once the scan is complete, the result is displayed
- Click on "Save Report" to make a backup of it
- Save the report so as to be easily found (on the desktop for example)
- A - Give it a name
- B - choose the save format (HTML or text file)
- C - and finally click Save
Published by jak58
. - Latest update by Paul Berentzen