If your Nokia phone has slowed down considerably or isn't working properly, it may be necessary to proceed to a reset . Resetting the phone will restore the Nokia phone to factory settings and all data will be lost. It is recommended to do a backup of all data before resetting the phone. A soft reset clears all pending tasks and errors. If the error still remains, a hard reset may be required. A hard reset
erases all information on the phone including contacts and memo notes. A hard reset can also be done on a Nokia phone that cannot be switched on.
Reset Code for Most Nokia Mobile Phones
If your Nokia phone isn't working properly or is responding slowly, here are some tips on how to reset your device:
resetting you phone will restore the default factory settings and erase all saved data. Use Nokia PC Suite
to backup your data first!
Below are some of the problems that may cause the problems you are experiencing.
Internal Phone Memory:
The phone memory is full, meaning there is no space to store new messages:
- Switch the primary storage to external memory (MicroSD Card), which generally has more space
- Never install applications on this location, keep the internal phone memory dedicated to the main ones (e.g. firmware updates)
- Similarly, these problems may arise when the external memory is too full. In this case, you will need to delete some files.
- You should avoid using a large capacity MicroSD Card (8 GB) with some basic phones. Always go for the recommended settings.
Make your Nokia N97 run smoothly without resetting it
- On some forums it is reported that you can make your Nokia 97 work smoothly (after a crash) without formatting it:
- Turn off your phone
- Connect the charger
- Remove the charger when the screen lights up and wait until it goes off
- Turn on the phone immediately after using the Power button on top
- After the vibration at startup, plug in the charger
It is possible to reset your Nokia to factory settings. For instructions on how to do this, look in the manual for your phone.
A soft reset
will clear pending errors and bring your mobile to its initial state by restoring factory settings. To do this, the shortcut is: *#7380#
This function apparently works on almost all Nokia mobile phones.
It may happen that despite having restored your mobile to factory settings, the error still exists. In this case, it is recommended that you opt for a hard reset
- Enter the code: *#7370# and press Yes to confirm.
- Important: You should back up any important information before doing this.
- To perform a hard reset on a Nokia phone that won't turn on, press simultaneously these 3 buttons:
- on/off + * + 3
Reset a Nokia 5800
Press simultaneously these 4 buttons:
- Green button
- Red button
- Camera button
- On/off button
If you perform the above action correctly, the phone will restart.
Reset a Nokia N97
- You can reset your N97 by pressing these 4 buttons:
- Power button
- Space key
- Delete key (left arrow logo)
- Caps /shift button (up arrow logo)
More info: here
How to reset a Nokia N8?
Main Menu > Settings > Phone > Phone mgmt. > Factory Settings > Delete Data and Restore
- Turn off your phone.
- Press and hold the following keys:
- Volume Down key
- Camera Key
- Menu Key
- Press power button until the phone vibrates.
In the same category
Original article published by gouby
. Translated by netty5
. - Latest update by Ambucias