To open Device Manager, go to the Start menu and make a right-click My Computer> Manage and select Device Manager.
Here you will find only the devices visible. To view all devices, go to the View menu and click Show hidden devices.
- It is even possible to display all devices (even those that are not connected). To do this:
- Make a right-click My Computer> Properties.
- Under XP, go to the Advanced tab.
- On Vista, click Advanced System Settings in the left panel.
- Click Environment Variables.
- In the System Variables section, click New ...
- As the variable name, enter: DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES
- As the value of the variable, type: 1
- Click on Ok to confirm.
- When you return to the device manager (enable display of hidden devices), you'll notice the presence of peripheral that dimmed. These are devices installed on your PC but they are disconnected.
- It is recommended that you d'ont make any modifications to these files, unless necessary.
Published by jak58
Latest update on November 6, 2009 at 05:41 AM by jak58.