Following an upgrade of Vista to Seven, Daemon Tools doesn't launch.
- It's due to SPTD driver that is required for Daemon tools to work properly
- This tip begins to modify the registry, which can cause problems (or pc crash in the worst case) in case of misuse. Better backup your registry before any modifications.
- Step 1) Uninstall Daemon tools. If it does not appear under "Programs and Features", go to fetch manually under C: \ Program Files and then run "uninst.exe".
- Step 2) Click "Start", then type Regedit. Right click on the icon "Run as administrator".
- Step 3) Find the following folder: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\ Services\sptd" and find "Start" and then assign the value 4 and confirm.
- Step 4) Restart your PC in Safe Mode.
- Step 5) Run Regedit again, and then find the "cfg" file in :
- "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\ Services\sptd". Right click on the "cfg"
- and under "Permissions"and this gives you total control of the file.
- Step 6) Delete the "sptd" folder.
- Step 7) Restart in normal mode and you can now reinstall Daemon Tools no problem!
You can try to make use of UltraISO
, it runs perfectly under both 32 or 64 bits versions of Windows 7.
Thanks to Strik-Strak for this tip.