To enable you to read your mail Yahoo! Mail with using a mail client (eg Mozilla ThunderBird
, Outlook, Netscape, Eudora
, etc..), you must first:
Configure Yahoo! Mail
- Go to your Yahoo
- Click on "Options"
- Select "Mail Options"
- Click on "Forwarding and POP"
- Select "Web and POP Access" and OK
Configure email client
- In your preferred email client, enter the following parameters:
- Incoming mail (POP3): pop.mail.yahoo.com
- Use an SSL connection, port: 995
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Use an SSL connection, port 465 with authentication
- Account Name / Username: your firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email Address: Your email@example.com
- Password: your Yahoo password!
Published by jak58
Latest update on November 6, 2012 at 12:56 PM by Jeff.