I just recently put a new power jack in my laptop.
Everything worked fine except for now my wireless does not work.
I have a Dell Latitude D620 laptop. I keep getting an error that says the radio is disabled.
- I try to enable it and it does not save the setting. It reverts back to disabled.
- The FN - F2 keys do not turn the wireless on. It does nothing.
- The wireless switch on the side seems to be very loose and the LED does not light up.
- I've went into the wireless utility to enable it and I still get the error that says it is disabled.
- It is recognized in my device manager and it says it is working properly.
I'm game for taking the whole thing apart again....I just don't know what to do from this point.
I had the same problem with a Sony Vaio.
It seems one of the updates put entries in my registry to start a Vaio Lan Manager with Windows.
Check these keys to see if any kind of a 3rd party Lan Manager is running. If so, delete the entries and reboot.
Thanks to edger
for this tip on the forum.
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on December 3, 2009 at 03:10 PM by aakai1056.