Xtremsplit: Short Intro
is a small utility, which can cut a file (large ) into parts with specific criteria such as file size or the number of files to create.
This can be very useful in cases where you must burn a large file on several CD/DVD or upload them on the internet.
To split a file
- Launch Xtremsplit
- Select "Cut". (Couper in the checkbox)
- Click on "S" to select the file to be cut.
- Select the file to be cut.
- Click on "Open". (Ouvrir)
- Specify the destination of file.
- Add the number of cutting part of the file.
- Click on "cut". (llarge button with Couper written on it at the lower end of the interface)
The program splits the file according to parameters defined previously, the time of this operation depends on the size of the file.
- Launch Xtremsplit.
- Select "paste". (Coller in the checkbox)
- Click on "S" to select the file to assemble.
- Indicate the destination of the first file.
- Click on "Open"
- Specify the destination file re-assemble
- Click on "paste"
- The program brings together the file, the time of this operation depends on the size of the file.
- The software is available in both French and English of the official website.
- The versions for Windows or Linux are available.
Published by jak58
Latest update on March 8, 2010 at 03:35 AM by jak58.